In 2018 Grayton Ltd acquired Richard James Engineering Ltd which now enables the group to provide an in-house design capability which enhances our ability to provide turnkey solutions to engineering issues associated with ageing equipment.
Our core staff are highly skilled specialist tradesmen who have spent most of their working lives supporting Grayton assisting our key clients.
Some came as apprentices and have progressed through the company to be appointed Supervisors, Project Managers and Directors. This close working team benefits not only Grayton but also our customers as they gain from the knowledge that comes from familiarity of task.
“The guys who came to site were superb. Professional, thorough, hardworking, etc. They tackled anything we put in front of them and we even threw them at a few emergent tasks that cropped up. Without their hard work and co-operation we would have struggled to get the plan completed on time. They were a pleasure to work with.”‐ Jason Wildmore - Engineering Manager (Ensus UK Ltd)
Grayton Ltd have 2 workshops totalling over 7,000 sq ft with overhead crane coverage of 10T, this enables the company to prefabricate most solutions and deliver them directly to customers sites which cuts down “on-Site” working and shutdown “Downtime”.
Accredited with BS EN 1090 Exc 2 and now with design capability also Grayton Ltd is able to offer bespoke structural solutions to overcome the problems associated with ageing steelwork within Britain’s older manufacturing plants as well as creating solutions caused by extensions required within modern plant.
What we do
Since 1992 Grayton have been undertaking:-
- Repair & maintenance of large rotating equipment – kilns, mills, driers & washers
- Fabrication & installation of ductwork & secondary steelwork
- Mechanical handling equipment – repair & maintenance of existing & installation of new equipment on brownfield sites
- Fabrication of pipework & installation in both new and brownfield sites
- Installation, routine maintenance and shut down operations: Refurbishment, repair and overhauls of vertical and horizontal kilns. Alignment checks, site surveys and recommendations for rotating kilns
- Conveyors: Installation, maintenance, repairs and modifications
- Tanks and Ducting: Fabrication, repairs, modification and installation
- Pipework: PED non-PED, shop or site installation, Small and large bore
- Process Pipework: Manufacture and repair capability in both carbon steel and exotic material. Installation, inspection and testing.
- Maintenance & Support Services: Mechanical repair and maintenance of Balance of plant, equipment and process piping on Biomass Power Plants, Petrochemical Plants and Cement Plants
Today the company is boosting the future growth of the business and supporting the local economy by investing in apprentices and providing opportunities for local people.
In 2020 the company took on a further 3 apprentices, adding to the 3 taken on in 2019 and 2 in 2018.